An epic blend of islands and dunes
Prices from £3,599. Departure on the 12 November 2020 for 21 Nights.
A special price on a unique trip:
On this epic, three-week journey you’ll uncover distant destinations galore as you sail south from the Canaries to Cape Town aboard Boudicca. Visits to a string of stunning Atlantic Ocean islands, including isolated locations in the South Atlantic, will present you with beautifully unspoilt sun-kissed landscapes and natural wonders, before captivating wildlife, the world’s oldest desert and an iconic city awaits your discovery in Africa.
Kicking off your Atlantic island adventures in the Canaries offers you the chance to delight in the soothing sunshine and spectacular scenery of Tenerife and Gran Canaria, an island renowned for its year-round warmth and inviting beaches, and whet your appetite for what’s to come. Continuing on to Cape Verde, you’re in a rewarding two days in this verdant volcanic archipelago, with calls at Mindelo and Praia bringing you diverse landscapes, colonial monuments, interesting museums and more. In the South Atlantic, two hard-to-reach, rarely visited islands appear on your horizon. You'll circumnavigate remote Ascension Island, with running commentary from your ship providing an insight into the island's past. History enthusiasts will treasure a stop at St Helena, an island famed for its links to Napoleon, who was exiled here until his death. You can capture breathtaking views from atop Ladder Hill; and even meet Jonathan the Tortoise – St Helena’s oldest and most famous inhabitant – during a day in Jamestown, too.
When you finally reach African shores, Walvis Bay will welcome you to Namibia. A haven for wildlife, Walvis Bay’s beautiful natural lagoon is often dotted with flush pink flamingos and various seabird species including pelicans and cape cormorants. Also within reach of Walvis Bay is the world’s oldest desert, The Namib, home to colossal sand dunes and endemic wildlife such as wild horses and springboks. The vast, unforgiving landscapes of the Namib can also be explored from Lüderitz, although you might be tempted to take a short trip from here to Kolmanskop, with its eerie sand-engulfed ‘ghost town’.
Bringing a perfect conclusion to this unforgettable cruise is an overnight stay in Cape Town, South Africa’s magnificent ‘Mother City’. You can take your pick of a collection of world-famous attractions here before you head for home, from the incredible scenery at Cape Point and the penguins at Boulders Beach, to iconic landmarks such as Table Mountain and Signal Hill. Whatever you choose to see and do, you’re sure to create memories that will last a lifetime.
Santa Cruz, Tenerife > Las Palmas, Gran Canaria > Mindelo, Cape Verde > Praia, Cape Verde > Jamestown, St Helena > Walvis Bay, Namibia > Luderitz, Namibia > Cape Town, South Africa
Named after the British warrior Queen, Boudicca has built up a loyal following, combining style and space with the renowned personal Fred. Olsen service. Up to 880 guests can sail in comfort on board Boudicca, enjoying the welcoming, home-from-home ambience, ample space and fantastic restaurants, lounges, bars and facilities of a smaller, friendly ocean-going cruise ship.
- Interior from £3,599pp
- Ocean from £4,099pp
- Balcony from £6,299pp
- Suites from £6,599pp
- Comfortable, stylish rooms and suites equipped with a Smart TV, hairdryer, tea and coffee making facilities, a fridge and individually controlled air conditioning
- A tempting choice of cuisine every day throughout your cruise – with five-course à la carte dinners, casual breakfast and lunch buffets, late-night snacks and much more
- Unlimited, self-service tea and coffee available 24hrs at selected venues, complimentary afternoon tea* with sandwiches and cakes, and in-room sandwiches and snacks
- A full programme of evening entertainment, including cabaret shows, comedy, dancing and live music
- Full use of on board leisure facilities, including swimming pools, Jacuzzis and gym
- A wide choice of engaging on board activities and lectures throughout the day
- All UK port taxes (where collectable in advance)
- Luggage porterage between your room and the drop-off/pick-up point
- Formal welcome and/or Captain’s Drinks Party and Gala Buffet
Based on two sharing. All prices subject to change and availability.