The capital of South Australia, Adelaide is one of the most popular destinations for those on a cruise around the country – particularly if you have an interest in exploring colonial history.
That’s particularly true in the area around Port Adelaide, which is packed with 19th century buildings that showcase the maritime history of the city – with a number of pubs and hotels that were created to cater for the needs of the sailors who visited on trading ships.
As well as exploring the architecture, there are various museums that focus on various different topics, including the National Railway Museum and the South Australian Maritime Museum.
Elsewhere in the city, you can visit the South Australian Museum in the Parklands district, check out the National Aboriginal Cultural Institute, stroll through the Botanical Gardens or take a tour of the National Wine Centre of Australia.
The fact that Adelaide is home to the latter should come as no surprise given that the area around the city is home to some of the top vineyards on Australian soil, with the Barossa Valley being just one region you might want to visit should you decide to book a trip outside the city limits.
Local produce is also a key selling point in the many restaurants across the city although you can expect to find something to cater for all palates thanks to the multi-cultural nature of Adelaide – meaning you can sample cuisine from around the world.
Other attractions within the city include the popular zoo whilst there are various beaches, such as Glenelg, that you might consider visiting should your time ashore allow.
Popular Adelaide Cruise Deals
12 November 2022
- Sydney, Australia Check In Starts At 0100p Times Subject To Tidal Cond Visa Required
- Airlie Beach, Queensland, Australia Tender Required Wheelchair Access Limited Visa Required
- Townsville, Australia Visa Required
- Cairns, Australia Times Subject To Tidal Cond Visa Required
- The Ribbon Reef Region Cruising Only Subject To Marine Restrictionsweather,permissions Permitting
- The Far North Region Cruising Only Subject To Marine Restrictionsweather,permissions Permitting
- Scenic Cruising Torres Strait Cruising Only
- Darwin, Australia Visa Required
- Dili, East Timor Visa Required
- Komodo Island, Indonesia Tender Required Wheelchair Access Limited Shore Access Limitations
- Broome, Western Australia, Australi Times Subject To Tidal Cond Visa Required
- Exmouth, Australia Tender Required Wheelchair Access Limited Visa Required
- Geraldton, Western Australia, Austr Visa Required
- Fremantle (perth), Australia Overnight Subject To Marine Restrictionsvisa Required
- Fremantle (perth), Australia Subject To Marine Restrictionsvisa Required
- Albany, Western Australia, Australi Visa Required
- Port Lincoln, Australia Visa Required
- Adelaide, South Australia, Australi Visa Required
- Penneshaw, Kangaroo Island, Austral Tender Required Wheelchair Access Limited Visa Required
- Melbourne, Australia Overnight Visa Required
- Melbourne, Australia Visa Required
- Burnie, Tasmania, Australia Visa Required
- Hobart, Tasmania, Australia Visa Required
- Sydney, Australia Times Subject To Tidal Cond Visa Required
Searching for the best deals?
From reduced fares to free flights, and from inclusive drinks packages to free onboard ship credit, we have access to the very best offers to enhance your cruise experienceEnquire now